Keeping track of all the changes in federal and state laws is never easy. Maintaining compliance with these ever changing laws is even more difficult. Erigo relieves you of this tedious and time-consuming task by ensuring your compliance in all of the following areas:
- Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Administration – FMLA will be processed and administered by Erigo for all eligible worksite employees. This service includes assistance with determination of FMLA eligibility, providing letters of notice to worksite employees and tracking FMLA time used by the worksite employee.
- New Hire Reporting – Federal and some state laws require employers to report newly hired employees to the designated state agency. The information submitted then becomes part of the National Directory of New Hires, which is primarily used to locate parents for the enforcement of child support orders. Erigo provides data for new hires, terminations and wage information to the appropriate agencies on behalf of its clients ensuring compliance with new hire laws.
- EEOC – EEOC Regulations require that employers keep all personnel or employment records for one year. If an employee is involuntarily terminated, his/her personnel records must be retained for one year from the date of termination. Furthermore, certain employers are required to submit workforce data to the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC). Erigo keeps all of its clients’ employment records and also submits an annual EEO-1 form to the EEOC.
- I-9 Compliance Assistance – Erigo will maintain all I-9 forms for worksite employees, remain abreast of changing immigration laws and report to clients when employees’ work authorization expires or renewal dates are approaching.
- Employment Forms and Posters – Communicating appropriately with employees is crucial in order to comply with labor laws and avoid liability. Erigo can provide employment forms and posters that fulfill the employer’s obligations under applicable laws.
- COBRA – Erigo and its partners will handle COBRA administration for its clients. If continuation is selected by a terminated worksite employee, Erigo will send a packet of the appropriate health and dental insurance forms, manage payment and finalize any pending medical billings.
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) – Erigo collaborates with its clients to ensure that worksite employees’ are paid for all compensable hours worked and in compliance with the law.
- Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA) — Erigo ensures that its clients meet the minimum standards set by ERISA for pension plans by regularly providing employees participating in the 401(k) plan with information about the plan’s features; advising clients regarding the minimum standards for participation, vesting and funding; and assuring accountability by acting as the plan’s trustee.